The hot seat is sizzling and it is time to prepare our material for the dozen questions you will need to master for your interview. After all, you only have one chance to make a great first impression!
After reading the short question, jot down your initial thoughts. These notes will be used later to shape your full answer. Structure is needed to eliminate any ‘scrambling’ at the last minute. In most cases scrambling for answers can lead to rambling.
- Why do you think you are a great candidate for this position?
- What is your greatest accomplishment in your career?
- Describe your leadership style? How do you motivate others?
- Describe the type of manager you would work well with.
- How do you handle conflict?
- What is the biggest challenge you have overcome?
- How would your current team describe you as a person?
- What skills do you possess that would compliment our company?
- Describe a typical work week?
- What one quality do you have that needs strengthening?
- Speak about a time when you overcame adversity?
- How do you define success?
Once you master these questions you should be able to handle any questions that come your way. Focus on your natural ability to speak with confidence and be yourself. Share your positive energy and enjoy the conversation.
Soon you will be excited at all the possibilities before you and your future will be sunny side up!